Submit a presentation proposal
The call for presentations window is closed for 2023.
Presentation proposal submission guidelines
What to know before you begin
- Conference dates: April 27-28, 2023.
- The 2023 conference theme is Connecting Citizens and Fostering Community.
- Proposed presentation topics are due by 5:00 p.m., March 19, 2023.
- Avoid sales or marketing pitches when preparing your submission. Presentations focused
on sales or marketing will not be considered.
- All presentation submissions must include the name, institutional affiliation and
email address of the presenter; a title (10 word maximum); a brief abstract (150 words
maximum) that describes the presentation format and, ideally, how the topic fits into
the conference theme. In addition, indicate which type of session you are submitting
- Presentation and/or workshop sessions are limited to one (1) co-presenter; panel discussions
are limited to four (4) panelists and one (1) moderator.
- Each proposal may be submitted to only one session topic. It is possible that a presentation
may fit in multiple topics, so select the one you think is the best fit. Program chairs
may move proposals to other topics if needed.
- Community – Engaging and overcoming obstacles to build a stronger community
- Education – Connecting communities and redefining access to education
- Business – Embracing economic pluralism and eliminating barriers that create inequity
- First Responders – Recognizing the need for a collaborative alliance of health care providers, mental
health practitioners, law enforcement and other community services
- Open Paper Presentation (2-3 proposals per session) – These sessions will be open to submissions of well-developed research during the
call for paper abstracts.
- Academic Paper Presentation (2-3 pre-selected papers fitting with the session topic) – These presentations can include a commentator
- Panel Discussion – This session will have a focused theme to be addressed by a panel of discussants
or a moderator.
- Workshop Presentation – This presentation will have a focused topic that will be addressed by the presenter/s.