Answer the following questions about yourself.
- What is your ethnic background?
- Where were your parents and grandparents born?
- How much education do your parents have?
- What languages do you speak?
- What is your biggest challenge this semester?
- What is one of your hopes or dreams for the future?
- What do you enjoy most?
- What is your most important value and why?
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- What is one thing people would not know about you just by looking at you?
- Have you ever experienced discrimination because of your differences? If so, briefly describe this discrimination.
Meet with two other students you do not know. Introduce yourself and share answers to the above questions. Your instructor will ask you to share your answers to the following questions with the class
- List three interesting things you learned about other persons in your group.
- Did you change any assumptions you had about persons in your group?
Exploring Diversity (PDF)
From CollegeScope/College and Career Success by Dr. Marsha Fralick